Community Initiative Fund - Exciting New Fund
Funding has closed for 2019/2020 but will open again in April 2020
A new fund was launched by Essex County Council (ECC) on 1 April 2019 and will be administered by the Essex Association of Local Councils (EALC) over a two year period.
This new fund includes various community grant schemes that have been funded by Essex County Council. This includes:
- the existing CIF
- Local Service Fund
- Local Connections Fund
- Cultural Development Grant
For the CIF, grants of up to £10,000 may be awarded for either a Capital or Revenue (not core costs) project. One off grant awards will be made in early September 2019.
Micro-grants of up to £500 are also available throughout the year and awarded once a month.
This fund excludes projects that deliver outside the administrative area of Essex County Council.
What does the CIF fund?
You can apply if you have a project that can:
- create, procure or develop new community assets
- enhance existing community assets
- enhance or develop initiatives that strengthen a community, including cultural initiatives
- develop local capability
Projects should highlight the benefit to the wider community and show that community engagement and co-production has occurred in the design and delivery of the project, demonstrating a real community need.
In addition, projects will need to demonstrate alignment to the aspirations within Essex Partnership's The Future of Essex and the strategic aims and priorities within the Essex Organisational Strategy 2017-2021 that underpin the achievement of its ambitions to ensure Essex is a great place to live and work.
Community Chest - What do Micro-grants fund?
These are designed to be quick and easily accessible to help community projects at a grass roots level. These projects would have outcomes that reduce social isolation, improve wellbeing and support better connected communities.
The micro-grants will also be able to be used to support any crowd funded projects that demonstrate real community support and engagement.
Who can apply?
- Town/Parish Councils
- Formally Constituted Groups
- Community Groups/Associations
- Social Enterprises
- Community Benefit Societies
How to apply?
Please read through the guidance notes which contain details of all the grant funding schemes.
For the CIF:
- Email a completed pre-application checklist to Louise Gambardella, Funding Officer - email@example.com by Friday 31st May 2019
- You will be informed if your project has passed the initial review and then to continue with the full application form
- The Panel will then review your project based on the information given in your application form
- You will be informed if your application has been successful for funding. Not all applications are successful and sometimes, you may be given less funding than you applied for, or directed to alternative funders
For the Micro-grants:
- Email a completed Micro-grant application to Louise Gambardella. These will be reviewed once a month and then advised if your application has been successful
Can I apply for both the Community Initiative Fund and the Micro-grant ?
Yes, however you will only receive one grant under each of the funds per financial year.
If you have any questions regarding this fund, or would like to be added to the distribution list, then please contact Louise Gambardella - Funding Officer on 01371 879722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Essex Association wish to formally thank Essex County Council for the support provided to the EALC, Parish and Town Councils, Village and Communities across Essex.