Community Initiative Fund 2020 - Now Closed for New Applicants 2020/2021
A new fund was launched by Essex County Council (ECC) on 1 April 2019 and will be administered by the Essex Association of Local Councils (EALC) over a two year period.
This new fund includes various community grant schemes that have been funded by Essex County Council. This includes:
- the existing CIF
- Local Service Fund
- Local Connections Fund
- Cultural Development Grant
For the CIF, grants of up to £10,000 may be awarded for either a Capital or Revenue (not core costs) project. One off grant awards will be made in October 2020.
Micro-grants of up to £500 are also available throughout the year and awarded once a month.
This fund excludes projects that deliver outside the administrative area of Essex County Council.
What does the CIF fund?
You can apply if you have a project that can:
- create, procure or develop new community assets
- enhance existing community assets
- enhance or develop initiatives that strengthen a community, including cultural initiatives
- develop local capability
Projects should highlight the benefit to the wider community and show that community engagement and co-production has occurred in the design and delivery of the project, demonstrating a real community need.
In addition, projects will need to demonstrate alignment to the aspirations within Essex Partnership's The Future of Essex and the strategic aims and priorities within the Essex Organisational Strategy 2017-2021 that underpin the achievement of its ambitions to ensure Essex is a great place to live and work.
How to apply?
Please read through the guidance notes which contain details of all the grant funding schemes.
- Email a completed pre-application checklist to Louise Gambardella, Funding Officer - email@example.com
- You will be informed if your project has passed the initial review and then to continue with the full application form
- The Panel will then review your project based on the information given in your application form
- You will be informed if your application has been successful for funding. Not all applications are successful and sometimes, you may be given less funding than you applied for, or directed to alternative funders
Can I apply for both the Community Initiative Fund and the Micro-grant ?
Yes, you are allowed to apply for both grants within the same financial year.
Please note that you are unable to apply to the CIF fund with the same project if you have received a grant from this fund in the past three years.
Link to Application Form 2020/2021
If you have any questions regarding this fund, or would like to be added to the distribution list, then please contact Louise Gambardella - Funding Officer on 01371 879722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Essex Association wish to formally thank Essex County Council for the support provided to the EALC, Parish and Town Councils, Village and Communities across Essex.